Programming for Students
METROCON is the ideal place to kick-start your career. Besides familiarizing yourself with materials and manufacturers and establishing connections within the industry, take advantage of programming dedicated to your needs.
- As long as you pre-register online to attend METROCON17 by 5:00PM CST on Friday, August 4, then you can attend both days of the trade show and participate in Student Programs for FREE. After that, the fee is $10.
- In addition to registering to attend the METROCON17 trade show, you must also register for the ASID Roadmap and/or Career Exchange if you would like to attend either or both.
- You will not be registering yourself for the Student Charrette. Educators from interior design and architecture academic programs have been invited to nominate up to four Students from their program to participate, so one of your professors will tell you directly if you are participating.
ALSO RECOMMENDED FOR STUDENTS:
- Aug 10 [Thu] & Aug 11 [Fri]: Trade Show
- Aug 11 [Fri] @ 9:00 AM | Keynote
- Aug 10 [Thu] & Aug 11 [Fri]: Seminars (especially "How to Navigate the FF&E Process – Conceptual Design to Installation, the Players and their Roles" on Aug 11 [Fri] @ 11:00 AM)
Aug 10 [Thu] 7:30 AM - 12:00 PM | Expo Square in Main Hall
METROCON17 Student Charrette
[By Educator nomination only] Educators from many interior design and architecture academic programs have been invited to nominate up to four Students (minimally junior level in the Fall 2017 term) to participate in this invitation only opportunity with Students from other regional programs in randomly assigned teams to seek a winning solution for our METROCON’s inaugural Student Charrette competition. Judges will select the winning designs for awards and recognition. Space is limited to the first 10 programs to respond. Sponsored by Caesarstone
Aug 11 [Fri] 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM | Expo Square in Main Hall
ASID Student Roadmap
[Exclusively for ASID Student Members] Experience a curated tour of METROCON17 with design professionals who will help you navigate the trade show. Meet with tour leaders in Expo Square, the center of Main Hall, to be guided to meet with exhibitors. Space is limited. REGISTER HERE
Aug 11 [Fri] 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM | Special Events Area in North Hall
[Open to all Students & New Graduates] Connect with design professionals and industry representatives for one-on-one networking opportunities. Engage in multiple ten minute conversations with reviewers to learn about the interior design profession or to receive a resume or portfolio critique. REGISTER HERE