Last year we offered 50+ 1-hour CEUs for design professionals, and we plan to do so again for METROCON17. To review last year's offerings, please see the DOCUMENTS section on the right-hand side of this page. If you are interested in presenting at METROCON17, please visit our Call for Presentations page.
CEU Reporting Information
For Registered Interior Designers (RID) & Registered Architects (RA) in Texas
The Texas Board of Architectural Examiners [TBAE] calls courses with Health / Safety / Welfare [HSW] content CEPHs or Continuing Education Program Hours. Understand that in the state of Texas, it ultimately is the discretion of TBAE – the regulatory agency that oversees the examination, registration, and professional regulation of architects, interior designers and landscape architects – to deem whether the content of a course qualifies as HSW.
- TBAE's CE requirements for Texas RIDs & RAs
- What TBAE Considers Supporting Documentation
- Access TBAE CEPH Log Sheet (for RIDs & RAs)
Information for Practitioner Members of ASID and IIDA
All practitioner members of ASID and IIDA have continuing education requirements related to maintaining membership in those respective organizations. These requirements are completely independent from individual state licensing requirements, and the content of these classes can be any coursework that supports your own professional development plan and advances your professionalism as an interior designer.
Attendee Procedure for IDCEC Reporting of METROCON16 Expo & Conference CEUs
[CLICK HERE to download a PDF containing the information shown below, as well as additional information about IDCEC. Note that the following steps only apply to this conference and not to individual CEUs offered outside of the conference.]:
- On August 22 we emailed every person who completed education courses his or her specific Certificate of Completion showing all courses completed. If you did not receive yours, please CONTACT US to request it.
- Login to idcec.org with your IDCEC number and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click on “Report IDCEC Conference Attendance”. Then type in METROCON or CONF-10382 in the conference name search, and you will see the listing of CEUs offered at METROCON16. Select the CEUs you attended and click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- Upload the PDF of your Conference Certificate of Completion to the electronic reporting record that you created within idcec.org.
If you still need help, you can find step-by-step instructions on how to report a conference within the instruction Manual on the IDCEC Register Your CEUs page.