2015 EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION SCHEDULE
|April 1, 2015 (8am CST)||
Exhibitor Booth Purchase OPENS to everyone:
|June 5, 2015 (5pm CST)||Deadline to cancel booth(s) with full refund. Request must be presented in writing.|
|June 19, 2015 (5pm CST)||
Exhibitor Booth Purchase CLOSES. ( If all exhibit space sells out prior to this date, then exhibitor registration will close then.)
ATTENTION: As of 9:00AM CST 05/08/15, we SOLD OUT of booth space.
|July 1, 2015 (8am CST)||
Exhibitor booth placements to be posted, the Exhibitor Services Manual to be posted, and Exhibitor Badge Registration to OPEN.
ATTENTION: The Exhibitor Services Manual was posted 04/29/15. Booth placements were posted and Exhibitor Badge Registration opened 06/10/15.
|July 31, 2015 (5pm CST)||
Exhibitor Badge & Guest Pass Registration CLOSES.
After this time, Exhibitors will need to register additional booth worker badges on-site during move-in or either day of the show.
2015 BOOTH FEES
Member Exhibitors (must be a member on March 1, 2015*)
- ASID Industry Partners
- ASID Practitioner Members
- IIDA Texas Oklahoma Chapter Partners
- IIDA Industry Members
- IIDA Practitioner Members
$500 per 10’x10’ booth
- Anyone who does not fall under one of the categories above
$850 per 10’x10’ booth
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MEMBERSHIP:
To qualify as a Member and receive discounted booth pricing, Exhibitors must be in good standing - i.e., not suspended for non-payment - in the official ASID database [as either an Industry Partner Representative or a Practitioner Member] or in the official IIDA database [as either a Texas / Oklahoma Chapter Partner, an Industry Member or a Practitioner Member] ON MARCH 1, 2015. If not in either one of these official databases on this date, then the Exhibitor will not qualify as a Member and will need to pay the Non-Member booth price.
AGAIN FOR 2015: MOBILE DISPLAY UNITS ALLOWED
METROCON is again offering an opportunity for manufacturers catering to the built environment to exhibit using their pre-fabricated, contained mobile display units. These mobile units - in the form of enclosed trailers, vans and buses - will be located solely in a dedicated area inside the North Hall of Dallas Market Hall, adjacent to the Food Court.
Pricing for the mobile display units for the 2015 show will be the equivalent to Premium Booth pricing - i.e., Base Booth price for a 10'x10' booth + $150 per booth Premium upgrade. For example, if the mobile unit is 8' wide x 48' long, pricing will be based on five (5) 10'x10' Premium Booths, namely:
• Member* price: 5 booths x [$500 Base + $150 Premium upgrade] = $3,250
• Non-Member price: 5 booths x [$850 Base + $150 Premium upgrade] = $5,000
Space is limited and certain restrictions will apply, so every mobile unit will be considered by the METROCON Committee on a first come, first served, case-by-case basis starting November 1, 2014. Manufacturers interested in submitting their mobile displays for consideration should email details - e.g., overall dimensions, vehicle type, links to photos and/or videos of display contents, etc. - to email@example.com. (Note: If large media files are attached to the email, please follow up with a voicemail to 1-888-633-2112 to insure the email is received.)
FOOD & BEVERAGE
When pre-registering booth worker badges online, Exhibitors have the option to pre-pay for a box lunch(es) on Thursday and/or Friday of the show, allowing booth workers an alternative to the Food Court, which will also be available. To find out box lunch options, please visit the Food & Beverage page.
2015 BOOTH UPGRADES
$150 additional per 10’x10’ booth:
METROCON is offering Premium booth locations located on the corner booths or prominent locations. They are available for an additional $150 per 10’x10’ booth space, regardless of base booth price. Note that METROCON15 Sponsors have the first option on Premium booths before all booths go on sale on April 1, 2015. Only METROCON15 Sponsors who purchase Premium booths will be allowed to choose their actual booth locations. All other exhibitors who purchase Premium booth space will be placed by the METROCON15 Committee in premium booth locations.
Super Premium booth locations that open on to the main aisles, happy hour or lounge areas are available for an additional $250 per 10’x10’ booth space, regardless of base booth price. Note that METROCON15 Sponsors have the first option on Super Premium booths before all booths go on sale on April 1, 2015. Only METROCON15 Sponsors who purchase Super Premium booths will be allowed to choose their actual booth locations. All other exhibitors who purchase Super Premium booth space will be placed by the METROCON15 Committee in Super Premium booth locations.
2015 EXHIBITOR RULES
- Except for METROCON Sponsors who purchase booths prior to the initiation of online registration, all exhibitor booth registration is to be completed online at www.metrocon.info.
- Except for METROCON Sponsors who purchase booths prior to the initiation of online registration and chose the check/invoice option, all exhibitor booth fees are to be paid with a credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) online at www.metrocon.info.
- All vendors will be allowed to complete online registration beginning April 1, 2015 (8am CST). Exhibitors claiming membership must be a member on March 1, 2015. This information will be checked.
- METROCON will do its best to turn off the Super Premium and Premium booth sales feature as soon as the booths are sold out. However, if the occasion arises where an exhibitor purchases premium booth space and there is no premium booth space left, the exhibitor’s premium booth upgrade portion of the payment will be refunded in full after booth placements are complete.
- By completing the registration process and purchasing a booth(s), the exhibitor acknowledges complete understanding and full acceptance of the 2015 METROCON TERMS & CONDITIONS.
- Except for METROCON Sponsors who purchase booths prior to the initiation of online registration, Exhibitors do NOT have the option to choose the location of their booth(s). Exhibit space will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Exhibitor requests for assignments will be considered, but cannot be guaranteed. Booths will be assigned as per the following criteria: METROCON sponsorship status, association sponsorship status, registration date, and mutual requests made during registration. ALL BOOTH ASSIGNMENTS ARE FINAL and will be published via the EXHIBITOR page of www.metrocon.info in the weeks subsequent to close of Exhibitor Registration.
Booths are sold as single 10’ x 10’ spaces. Exhibitors can purchase up to a maximum of six (6) booths – for a total of 600 square feet of adjoining space – per manufacturer’s brand. An example of what this means:
- Allowable: XYZ, Inc. buys six booths and places their Systems, Seating, Casegoods, and Textiles divisions in those booths.
- Not Allowable: XYZ, Inc. buys six booths for Systems, six booths for Seating, six booths for Casegoods, and so on.
- Each booth will include an 8’-high back drape, 3' high side dividing drapes (except on a corner), one wastebasket, and an identification sign. Two folding chairs can be requested for each booth for no additional fee. If multiple adjoining booths are purchased, the side dividing drapes will not be included. Not all chairs have to be accepted. See the BOOTHS section of the 2015 METROCON TERMS & CONDITIONS for more details.
- Note that the exhibit area has a concrete floor and is not carpeted. Exhibitors are not required to purchase / rent / provide flooring in their exhibit space, but it is highly recommended, primarily for the comfort of booth staff members.
- Exhibit height is limited to 8’ and may not restrict the side view of neighboring exhibits. Exhibitors may petition the METROCON Executive Committee to go beyond this height restriction, but they must do so NO LATER THAN 5PM CST ON JULY 31, 2015. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. See the BOOTHS section of the 2015 METROCON TERMS & CONDITIONS for more details.
- Amplified sound may not be used except by written prearrangement received from the exhibit floor manager. See the BOOTH LIMITATIONS section of the 2015 METROCON TERMS & CONDITIONS for more details.
- Security will be on-site from move-in until move-out.
All exhibits must be staffed during show hours:
- Thursday, August 13, 2015 – 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Friday, August 14, 2015 – 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
As a safety requirement, BOOTHS MAY NOT BE DISMANTLED PRIOR TO THE CLOSE OF THE SHOW FLOOR on Friday, August 14, 2015. If an Exhibitor begins dismantling before the end of show, the following penalties will be strictly enforced:
- Exhibitors will be fined $100 for every half-hour before 3:00pm that he/she begins the dismantling process.
- The invoice with penalty fees will be mailed to the exhibitor's home office
- Move-in for Event Sponsors ONLY (no exceptions): Tuesday, August 11, 2015 between 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Move-in: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 between 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Move-out: Friday, August 14, 2015 between 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm & Saturday, August 15, 2015 between 8:00 am – 12 noon
All exhibitor materials must be removed from the exhibit facility by Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 12 noon or the exhibitor will be fined $100 for every half hour past the deadline. In addition, exhibitors will be liable for storage and handling charges resulting from failure to remove materials at the end of installation and dismantling periods. The invoice with penalty fees will be mailed to the exhibitor home office.
- Since Metrocon allows Exhibitors to contract with vendors of their choice during the Move-out process, it is highly recommended that each Exhibitor have at least one booth representative remain with his or her respective booth at all times during Move-out. Metrocon is not responsible for lost, misplaced or stolen items.
- Only carry-in objects may be brought into the exhibit hall area either day of the trade show. No dollies or rolling carts will be allowed during tradeshow hours.
- No chemical flame is allowed per show management.
- NO ALCOHOL Policy: Exhibitors are prohibited from serving alcohol during show hours, due to the alcohol permit Levy Catering holds with TABC [Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission], exhibitors are not allowed to bring ANY alcohol on the premises, even if it's sealed and will not be consumed on-site.
- Starting Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 8:00 am, Exhibitors may pick up their packets at the Exhibitor Registration Desk at Dallas Market Hall. Packets will contain badges and additional relevant information and instructions. At the time of packet pick-up, Exhibitors must inspect their packets for accuracy. If items are missing or information is incorrect, it immediately needs to be brought to the attention of the registration manager of the Exhibitor Registration Booth.
- Use the Exhibitor Badge Registration link under the LINKS section on this page to sign-up for complimentary badges and to purchase additional badges. Exhibitors may have up to three (3) complimentary staff passes for each 10’x10’ booth purchased. [For example, if three (3) booths are purchased, the Exhibitor may request up to nine (9) staff passes.] If additional passes are needed, they may be purchased for the price of $25 each online up until Friday, July 31, 2015 @ 5:00 pm. After online registration closes, you will have to secure your badges on-site at the Exhibitor Registration Desk in Dallas Market Hall. At that time, the complimentary staff passes will cost $10, while the additional passes will cost $35. [Acceptable methods of payment are cash, check and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).] To use the online system, you will need the email address and password used to purchase your company's booth(s). The password shows up on the booth purchase receipt that was automatically sent to the email address used during purchase. You may also use the "Forgot Password?" feature located under the LINKS section, which will email the login information to the email address used when purchasing your company's booth(s). Please know that... i) If you register a complimentary badge or purchase an additional badge, you can log back in and change the name on the badge, but you cannot cancel the badge, receive a refund or add a pre-paid lunch for that person (see info about lunches below in Rule #21) ii) If you login and change a name on a badge but do not register any additional complimentary badges and/or perform a payment function (i.e., purchase additional badges, lunches, and/or Guest Passes), then our system will save it but you will not receive a receipt. >>Exhibitors should keep a copy of every receipt emailed to them as proof of registrations and purchases.<< IMPORTANT: Exhibitors found fraudulently claiming non-employees as staff will be required to pay a $50 fine per false badge and risk being removed from the trade show floor. This practice of providing non-association member attendees free entry onto the trade show floor takes needed funds away from the Associations organizing the event and will not be tolerated.
- When pre-registering booth worker badges online, Exhibitors also have the option to pre-pay for a box lunch(es) on Thursday and/or Friday of the show. Once an Exhibitor pre-purchases a box lunch for a booth worker, the Exhibitor will not be able to alter it or cancel it or receive a refund, so please choose carefully. If an Exhibitor pre-purchases a box lunch, it will show up if that Exhibitor logs back into the Exhibitor Badge Registration system; however, Exhibitors should keep a copy of every receipt emailed to them after each login/transaction, as these receipts will list what lunches were purchased for which workers on what day.
- Exhibitors may purchase Attendee Guest Passes for the price of $25 each online up until Friday, July 31, 2015 @ 5:00pm or for $35 on-site at the Registration Desk in Dallas Market Hall. The original Guest Pass Registration is integrated into the Exhibitor Badge Registration system for which you will find the link under the LINKS section on this page. A second, more flexible Guest Pass Registration is also available via our Market Your Booth page. In either case, Guests may pick up their badges at the Attendee Registration Desk. Please know that… i) If you purchase a Guest Pass, you cannot go back in and change the name, remove the name, or even see the names already registered, so be sure to keep all emailed receipts. ii) Any Guest who wants to take CEUs will need to register him/herself as an Attendee and pay applicable fees either online via the Attendees page or on-site at the CEU Help Desk.
- Except for those Attendees who choose to "opt out" of sharing their email addresses, Exhibitors will receive the list of all Attendees’ [names, addresses, and email addresses] within two week after the show. The list will be emailed directly to the Exhibitor contact.
- During the two-day event, all Exhibitors will be required to enter the trade show space through the designated Exhibitor Entrance, which is located at the Freeway Entrance of Dallas Market Hall on Market Center Boulevard. NO EXCEPTIONS. All set-up/installation crew must pick up temporary badges on-site at the Exhibitor Registration Desk before entering the show floor. All exhibitor booth workers must register online or on-site and pick up their badges on-site before entering the show floor.
- Each booth comes with three (3) drink tickets. Drink tickets will be distributed during the day on Thursday, August 13, 2015, by a designated METROCON Committee member. Exhibitors will be required to sign for the tickets to insure that they were indeed delivered. Additional drink tickets may be purchased from Dallas Market Hall cashiers on the tradeshow floor immediately before and during the METROCON Thursday evening Happy Hour.
- Industry members who have not purchased booth space or a sponsorship for this year’s show MUST gain entry to the tradeshow by registering as an attendee via the REGISTRATION page or on-site during the two-day event. Association Member versus Association Non-Member tradeshow floor fees will apply.
- If any industry member who has not purchased booth space or a sponsorship for this year’s show is found to be promoting their products or services in such a way found unacceptable to METROCON Committee members will be removed from the tradeshow premises – either by security guards or members of the METROCON Committee – and asked not to return during the remaining portion of the two-day event. This practice is unfair to paying exhibitors and tradeshow sponsors and will not be tolerated.
- Only industry members who 1) have purchased booth space, 2) have purchased a sponsorship for this year’s show, AND/OR 3) have actively volunteered for the METROCON Committee in some fashion for the current year’s event will be allowed to volunteer for on-site volunteer positions coordinated by METROCON Committee.
- For additional information or questions regarding eligibility, deadlines, payment, move-in/out, etc. contact the METROCON Committee volunteer in charge of Exhibitor issues by sending an email to email@example.com.