FOR STUDENTS / NEW GRADUATES
Due to its popularity at the 2014 show, METROCON15 will again have dedicated programming for students / new graduates featuring portfolio and resume reviews, one-on-one discussions with companies who hire and/or work with interior designers, and more.
Quick Facts about 2015's events:
- All dedicated programming will take place on Friday, August 14, 2015; however, students / new graduates are highly encouraged to attend on Thursday, August 13 as well so that they may experience more of the trade show.
- As long as a student / new graduate pre-registers online as a Student Attendee between June 1 - July 31, 2015, then he or she can attend both days of the trade show AND participate in student programing for FREE. However, if he or she waits to register on-site, the fee is $10 (with Student ID).
- In addition to registering to attend METROCON15, you must also register for each program that you want to attend. Registration links are included below and in the LINKS section on this page.
Quick Overview of Programming on Friday, August 14, 2015 (see details below):
- 10:00 AM | IIDA Career Bootcamp™
- 12:00 PM | ASID Student Roadmap™
- 1:00 PM | ASID Career Exchange™
IIDA Career Bootcamp™
Friday, August 14, 2015 | 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
The Career Bootcamp™ program is designed to provide students with practical advice and guidelines as they prepare to enter the design industry. Students will partake in a highly interactive learning and sharing experience that focuses on the following topics:
- Resumes that make you shine or look shabby
- Cover letters that kill your chances of getting an interview
- How to not have a portfolio that makes people “LOL”
- Little things matter: Interviewing mistakes that hurt you
- All the stuff you they didn’t teach you in school about careers
Students will also have the opportunity for Q & A and to be part of mock interviews, role-playing scenarios and have fun learning about the design industry.
IMPORTANT: In addition to registering to attend METROCON15, you must also register to participate in IIDA Career Bootcamp.
>> REGISTER FOR IIDA CAREER BOOTCAMP AT METROCON.
ASID Student Roadmap™ at METROCON
Friday, August 14, 2015 | 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM [groups depart at 12:00 PM from North Hall]
Exclusively for ASID student members, ASID Student Roadmap™ will allow you to experience a curated tour of METROCON with professional designers who will help you navigate the trade show. Students will meet with tour leaders and be guided to pick up badges, navigate the show floor, and meet with exhibitors. Space is limited.
IMPORTANT: In addition to registering to attend METROCON15, you must also register to participate in ASID Student Roadmap at METROCON.
>> REGISTER FOR ASID STUDENT ROADMAP AT METROCON.
ASID Career Exchange™
Friday, August 14, 2015 | 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Explore your next career step at the ASID Career Exchange™. Students and recent graduates will connect with design professionals and industry representatives for one-on-one networking opportunities.
Within 90 minutes, participants will engage in multiple ten minute conversations with reviewers to learn about the interior design profession, or to receive a resume or portfolio critique.
Previous reviewers include design professionals from firms of various scale and background including Gensler, Perkins+Will, and ForrestPerkins, and industry representatives from companies such as Teknion, Knoll, and Sherwin Williams.
IMPORTANT: In addition to registering to attend METROCON15, you must also register to participate in ASID Career Exchange.
>> REGISTER FOR ASID CAREER EXCHANGE AT METROCON.