Started in 2003, METROCON is a ground-breaking collaboration: a regional expo and conference organized through an innovative volunteer alliance between the Texas Oklahoma Chapter of IIDA [International Interior Design Association] and the Texas Chapter of ASID [American Society of Interior Designers]. In a concentrated effort to strengthen the design community, the two organizations have joined forces and pooled resources to offer the best in exhibitors, continuing education, and speakers to their members and beyond. As METROCON is not-for-profit entity, any income from the event goes back to the chapters to fund special educational and recognition programs, as well as scholarships and charities earmarked by the individual organizations.
METROCON13 took place at Dallas Market Hall on August 15 & Friday, August 16, 2013. For the 11th year in a row, Interior Designers, Architects, Design Students, and other design industry members took advantage of this premier two-day event that focuses on introducing the latest in products and innovative ideas to the Southwest region’s community. A diverse array of Exhibitors introduced the region’s design community to the latest and greatest in cutting-edge products and services. Exhibitors catered to the corporate, residential, multifamily, hospitality, retail, healthcare, institutional, and education design fields. Along with the outstanding trade show, METROCON offered attendees continuing education courses. To access photos from the show, as well the list of 2013 Sponsors and Exhibitors and the winners of the Pegasus Exhibitor Awards, visit the Press page. [Scroll down to see stats about the 2013 show.]
METROCON14 will take place on Thursday, August 14 & Friday, August 15, 2014, and is expected to attract over 250 manufacturers and service-oriented companies as exhibitors in 400 booths. Attendees will be exposed to a multitude of cutting-edge products (everything from the newest in soft- and hard-surface flooring to open office systems furniture and upper-end case goods to advanced acoustical applications and security measures to the latest in window treatments for both home and business) and valuable services (from consulting to project management). Organizers anticipate over 2,500 in total attendance during the two-day show.
2013 METROCON STATS
- We had 2,546 in attendance (0.5% less than the previous year’s show), 59.3% of which were Attendees and 40.7% Exhibitors and/or Sponsors.
ATTENDEES / EDUCATION
- Of those in attendance, 89% were from Texas, 5% were from Oklahoma and the rest were from 27 other states plus outside the USA.
- Of those in attendance, 42.4% were members of ASID and/or IIDA.
- 71.0% of Attendees pre-registered online (a 5.0% increase from the previous year’s show).
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 28.9% were ASID members (includes dual members), 21.5% were IIDA members (includes dual members), and 49.6% were not members of either ASID or IIDA.
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 44.0% only registered for the trade show and no CEUs.
- We received 112 CEU presentation submittals (a 4.7% increase from the previous year's show).
- We offered 54 CEUs, allowing Attendees up to 9 CEUs over two days while still providing 8 hours on the trade show floor.
EXHIBITORS / SPONSORS
- Exhibitors showed under 274 vendor names in 400 booths plus a mobile display unit area.
- Of the registered Exhibitor booth workers, 89.3% pre-registered online.
- Booths sold out 9 days ahead of the official close. (If 12 booths plus the mobile display unit area had not been added for 2013, booths would have sold out 21 days ahead of the official close.)
- We ended up with 17 vendors on our Exhibitor Waiting List waiting for 18 booths.
- Booths levels broke down as follows: 36.1% regular, 7.2% Green Zone, 24.5% Premium, 31.2% Super Premium, and 1% in the mobile display unit area.
- We had 44 METROCON Sponsors, 36 of which showed in 147 booths.