Started in 2003, METROCON is a ground-breaking collaboration: a regional expo and conference organized through an innovative volunteer alliance between the Texas Oklahoma Chapter of IIDA [International Interior Design Association] and the Texas Chapter of ASID [American Society of Interior Designers]. In a concentrated effort to strengthen the design community, the two organizations have joined forces and pooled resources to offer the best in exhibitors, continuing education, and speakers to their members and beyond. As METROCON is not-for-profit entity, any income from the event goes back to the chapters to fund special educational and recognition programs, as well as scholarships and charities earmarked by the individual organizations.
METROCON15 took place at Dallas Market Hall on Thursday, August 13 & Friday, August 14, 2015. For the 13th year in a row, Interior Designers, Architects, Facility Managers, Design Students, and other design industry members took advantage of this premier two-day event that focuses on introducing the latest in products and innovative ideas to the Southwest region’s community. A diverse array of Exhibitors introduced the region’s design community to the latest and greatest in cutting-edge products and services. Exhibitors catered to the corporate, education, healthcare, hospitality, institutional, multifamily, residential, and retail design fields. Along with the outstanding trade show, METROCON offered attendees continuing education courses. To access photos from the show, as well the list of 2015 Sponsors and Exhibitors and the winners of the Pegasus Exhibitor Awards, visit the Press page. [Scroll down to see stats about the 2015 show.]
METROCON16 will take place on Thursday, August 11 & Friday, August 12, 2016, and is expected to attract over 250 manufacturers and service-oriented companies as exhibitors in 400 booths. Attendees will be exposed to a multitude of cutting-edge products (everything from the newest in soft- and hard-surface flooring to open office systems furniture and upper-end case goods to advanced acoustical applications and security measures to the latest in window treatments for both home and business) and valuable services (from consulting to project management). Organizers anticipate over 2,500 in total attendance during the two-day show.
2015 METROCON STATS
- We had 2,438 in attendance (4.7% less than the previous year’s show), 61.2% of which were Attendees and 38.8% Exhibitors/Sponsors.
- We had 2,729 actually register for badges, 60.9% of which were Attendees and 39.1% Exhibitors/Sponsors. In other words, 10.3% of the Attendees and 11.2% of the Exhibitors/Sponsors registered for badges but did not attend the show due to work, illness, etc.
ATTENDEES / EDUCATION
- Of those in attendance, 90.4% were from Texas, 3.0% were from Oklahoma and the rest were from 28 other states plus Canada & Mexico.
- Of all registered Attendees, 69.2% pre-registered online.
- Of all registered Attendees, 41.2% were members of IIDA and/or ASID.
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 32.4% were ASID members (includes dual members) and 21.9% were IIDA members (includes dual members).
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 46.7% identified themselves as being interested in the Commercial market, 10.0% identified themselves as being interested in the Residential market, and 39.4% identified themselves as being interested in both.
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 42.5% only registered for the trade show only and no CEUs.
- We received 104 CEU presentation submittals, ultimately offering 49 CEUs in 54 1-hr classes, allowing Attendees up to 10 CEUs over two days while still providing 8.5 hours on the trade show floor.
EXHIBITORS / SPONSORS
- Booths sold out 42 days ahead of the official close.
- By the time the show started, there were 30 companies on the Exhibitor Waiting List.
- Exhibitors showed ion 400 10’x10’ booths under 284 vendor names, - 87 of which were not on last year’s list.
- We had 43 METROCON Sponsors, 40 of which showed in 172 booths.
- On a company/manufacturer basis, 59.5% of Exhibitors identified themselves as serving only the commercial market, 1.4% identified themselves as serving only the residential market, and 39.1% identified themselves as serving both.
- On a square footage basis, 60.2% of Exhibitors identified themselves as serving only the commercial market, 0.8% identified themselves as serving only the residential market, and 39.1% identified themselves as serving both.
- Of the registered Exhibitor badges, 87.8% pre-registered online.