Started in 2003, METROCON is a ground-breaking collaboration: a regional expo and conference organized through an innovative volunteer alliance between the Texas Oklahoma Chapter of IIDA [International Interior Design Association] and the Texas Chapter of ASID [American Society of Interior Designers]. In a concentrated effort to strengthen the design community, the two organizations have joined forces and pooled resources to offer the best in exhibitors, continuing education, and speakers to their members and beyond. As METROCON is not-for-profit entity, any income from the event goes back to the chapters to fund special educational and recognition programs, as well as scholarships and charities earmarked by the individual organizations.
METROCON14 took place at Dallas Market Hall on Thursday, August 14 & Friday, August 15, 2014. For the 12th year in a row, Interior Designers, Architects, Facility Managers, Design Students, and other design industry members took advantage of this premier two-day event that focuses on introducing the latest in products and innovative ideas to the Southwest region’s community. A diverse array of Exhibitors introduced the region’s design community to the latest and greatest in cutting-edge products and services. Exhibitors catered to the corporate, residential, multifamily, hospitality, retail, healthcare, institutional, and education design fields. Along with the outstanding trade show, METROCON offered attendees continuing education courses. To access photos from the show, as well the list of 2014 Sponsors and Exhibitors and the winners of the Pegasus Exhibitor Awards, visit the Press page. [Scroll down to see stats about the 2014 show.]
METROCON15 will take place on Thursday, August 13 & Friday, August 14, 2015, and is expected to attract over 250 manufacturers and service-oriented companies as exhibitors in 400 booths. Attendees will be exposed to a multitude of cutting-edge products (everything from the newest in soft- and hard-surface flooring to open office systems furniture and upper-end case goods to advanced acoustical applications and security measures to the latest in window treatments for both home and business) and valuable services (from consulting to project management). Organizers anticipate over 2,500 in total attendance during the two-day show.
2014 METROCON STATS
- We had 2,557 in attendance (0.4% more than the previous year’s show), 63.0% of which were Attendees and 37.0% Exhibitors/Sponsors. Compared to last year, we had 6.7% more Attendees and 8.7% fewer Exhibitors/Sponsors attend this year’s show.
- We had 3,005 actually register for badges (3.9% more than the previous year’s show), 61.8% of which were Attendees and 38.2% Exhibitors/Sponsors. In other words, 13.2% of the Attendees and 17.6% of the Exhibitors/Sponsors registered for badges but did not attend the show due to work, illness, etc.
ATTENDEES / EDUCATION
- Of those in attendance, 91% were from Texas, 4% were from Oklahoma and the rest were from 25 other states / outside the USA.
- Of all registered Attendees, 70.6% pre-registered online.
- Of all registered Attendees, 40.3% were members of ASID and/or IIDA.
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 29.4% were ASID members (includes dual members) and 20.9% were IIDA members (includes dual members).
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 37.6% only registered for the trade show only and no CEUs.
- We received 103 CEU presentation submittals, ultimately offering 50 CEUs in 54 classes, allowing Attendees up to 9 CEUs over two days while still providing 8 hours on the trade show floor.
EXHIBITORS / SPONSORS
- We had 44 METROCON Sponsors, 36 of which showed in 164 booths.
- Exhibitors showed under 275 vendor names - 97 of which were not on last year’s list - in 400 booths plus a mobile display unit area.
- Of the registered Exhibitor booth workers, 83.5% pre-registered online.
- Booths sold out 3 days ahead of the official close.
- By the time the show started, we ended up with 17 vendors on our Exhibitor Waiting List waiting for 18 booths.
- Exhibitor levels broke down as follows: 40.1% Regular Booths, 3.0% Green Zone Booths, 24.4% Premium Booths, 31.0% Super Premium Booths, and 1.5% in the mobile display unit area.