- Started in 2003, METROCON is the largest not-for-profit, self-produced, volunteer-driven, design specification-focused regional expo and conference in the USA.
- The annual event introduces new products and ideas to the region’s community of Interior Designers, Architects, Specifiers, Facility Managers, Real Estate Professionals, Students & other Essential Industry Members catering to the built environment.
- Exhibitors and education cater to the corporate, education, healthcare, hospitality, institutional, multifamily, residential, and retail design fields.
- Committee volunteers representing several associations focusing on the built environment have joined forces and pooled resources to offer the best in exhibitors and continuing education to their members and beyond.
- This year's METROCON partnering associations are (in alphabetical order): ASID Texas Chapter, ASID Texas Gulf Coast Chapter, CSI Dallas Chapter, NEWH Dallas Chapter, and USGBC Texas Chapter. Any income from the event goes back to the Committee volunteers’ respective built environment organizations to fund valuable programming and scholarships or to those organizations’ respective foundations and designated charities.
METROCON17 will take place on Thursday, August 10 & Friday, August 11, 2017. Now in its 15th year, the event is expected to attract approximately 3,000 in total attendance.
METROCON16 took place at Dallas Market Hall on Thursday, August 11 & Friday, August 12, 2016. To access photos from the show, as well the list of the winners of the Pegasus Exhibitor Awards, visit our Press page. To see stats from the show, scroll down.
- There were 2,751 in attendance (12.8% more than the previous year’s show), 66.2% of which were Attendees and 33.8% Exhibitors/Sponsors.
- We actually had 3,140 register for badges (15.1% more than the previous year’s show), 65.5% of which were Attendees and 34.5% Exhibitors/Sponsors. In other words, 11.5% of the Attendees and 14.1% of the Exhibitors/Sponsors registered for badges but did not attend the show due to work, illness, etc.
ATTENDEES / EDUCATION
- Of all registered Attendees, 88.9% were from Texas, 2.8% were from Oklahoma, 4.7% were from 30 other states, and the remaining 3.6% are unknown (lack of data collected).
- Of all registered Attendees, 57.1% were interested in Commercial markets only, 12.1% were interested in the Residential market only, 25.6% were interested in both Commercial and Residential markets, and the remaining 5.1% are unknown (lack of data collected).
- Out of all registered Attendees, 53.9% identified themselves as Interior Designers, 6.61% as Architects, 1.9% as Facility Managers/Planners, 3.3% as Contractors, 18.7% as Representatives (Dealer, Independent or Manufacturer), and 5.5% as Design Students/Recent Graduates. The remaining Attendees were a mixture Product Designers, Developers, Engineers, Procurement Officers/Purchasing Agents, Wholesale Suppliers, Retailers, and Clients.
- Of all registered Attendees, 82.3% pre-registered online.
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 23.0% were ASID members (includes dual members) and 16.8% were IIDA members (includes dual members).
- Of the pre-registered Attendees, 63.4% only registered for the trade show only and no CEUs.
- We received 108 CEU presentation submittals, ultimately offering 50 CEUs in 53 1-hr classes. We also offered one Keynote Address and three Seminars.
EXHIBITORS / SPONSORS
- Exhibitors showed in 415 10’x10’ spaces under 344 vendor names, 96 of which were not on last year’s list.
- We had 51 METROCON Sponsors, 47 of which showed in 172 booths.
- Of the registered Exhibitor badges, 92.6% pre-registered online.